Friday, January 06, 2012

i am talking to Sarah right now, and she is tired but i feel we are having a thought-stimulating conversaton and would like to continue. (maybe she is tired cause i was doing more of the talking and not listening that much?) Maybe it's true when my friend says i'm really tiring to be with. i'm reminded of how my mom says she sometimes falls asleep listening to what my dad has to say. But if i stop myself from asking questions, I am not being myself in front of her. Ok i am hopeless:

emmafung92: so why do we like talking to each other??
sarahquek: where did the question come from again?
emmafung92: you should know by now that questions come to me like.. feathers i randomly pluck from the air
sarahquek: i do not pluck FEATHERS from the air

realised that we are both stubborn and we talk to each other because it concretizes our thoughts, but we might not necessarily agree with each other and listen to each other. By definition, that is not a 'good conversation' where ideas are conveyed to each other, but i think we still enjoy conversations with each other because we have at least got a glimpse of each other's point of view, and it is important to look at a pov that is different from yours.

---------

Today I thought of something really important, but since I've written it down in my diary I feel I don't have to write it here again, because it doesn't matter if people know what I'm thinking. I've already told one person about it and that is enough.

But for memories' sake, (cause i scroll through this bog more often than i flip through my diary), it's somewhere along the lines of how, i quote, "a quiet existence is the way to go". There is probably not happiness, but calmness in acting in the most natural manner without a care in the world about what people think about me, whether they look up to me (or down on me), or whether i am 'good enough'.

No comments: